Saturday, January 22, 2011

Nurse. Ummm.... Hello!? I need a NURSE!

That's right folks. It's official.... just in case you haven't heard.

I'M A NURSE! 
 I don't think I have EVER been so relieved about  ANYTHING in my entire life! I had to clean a house in Greensboro Friday morning and once I was done, while Todd got his hair cut (it's a reserve weekend), I sat at my girlfriend, Mayah's house anxiously waiting for my results to be posted (approximately 48 hours after my 1PM test time). Mayah was I think equally as anxious. The sweet thing that she is also was well prepared for the emotional stress I was under. I personally don't think there is a better "cure-all" junk food than a Twix bar. Mayah had a stash of fun-sized Twix ready for celebratory or panic-induced consumption. [ fyi - yes, like many, i too suffer from emotional binge eating. ] 

Thankfully, about 1:45PM rolled around and after a continuous "refreshing" of the webpage, my results were available. I plugged in my credit card information and then made Mayah steer. 

I couldn't muster the guts to look myself. (I'm a major wimp when it comes to grades and all important, high risk result information!!)

After a few clicks, a few silent pauses and me pacing a path in to Mayah's kitchen floor - she sighed, smiled and before I knew it, she said "that's it, you're a RN!!!" :D

Screaming, dancing, hugging and a few slobbery filled kisses from Kadin (Mayah's handsome little man) began. I made a phone call. Sent a few texts. And most importantly, made the all important Facebook status change! 

I'm pretty sure I've not stopped beaming with excitement all weekend. Mama and Daddy B. has bragged to everyone here in Greenville. I know my parents, Aunts & Uncles, sisters and my wonderful Husband have each done the same.... It's so exciting. 



Now, I can totally say it was worth it. All the hoops. All the studying. All the hard work and sacrifice. It's been worth it. I can't wait to FINALLY be doing what I have worked so hard the last two years to do!! Orientation starts for me Feb. 7th at Forsyth Medical Center in Winston-Salem. I will be working in its ICU with some of my favorite Nurses ever! :) YAY!


I send my continued well wishes and luck to my fellow classmates awaiting their test dates and their results. I'm crossing my fingers for our class to have 100% pass rate!! I REALLLLLLLLY think it can happen! GOOD LUCK GUYS!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't personally know you but I'm a nurse too!!!! Congrats on all your hard work!!!!!! I graduated in 2009 and still remember all the time studying!

    Congrats from one RN to another!
    Stacy RN, BSN, PHN

    ReplyDelete