Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Beer Margaritas


In college one of my famous and oh-so-popular creations was a Sandra Lee recipe for Beer Margaritas

Don't snarl or turn that nose up!! These things are BANGIN'! I haven't had them in years, but a friend recently reminded me of this delicious drink and I thought I should share the goodness before the heat gets here. I think I always tripled (err... quadrupled) this recipe when I made it. I always prefer using Coronas and a very liberal measuring of the tequila... but that's just me. :) 

It will be a go-to-crowd pleaser at all your get together's this year. 


Sip, Sip, Enjoy! :) 

Ingredients

  • 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
  • 1/4 cup coarse salt
  • 2 (12-ounce) bottles your favorite beer, chilled
  • 1/2 cup frozen concentrate limeade, thawed
  • 1/2 cup chilled tequila
  • Ice cubes

Directions

Rub lime wedges around rims of 4 margarita glasses. Dip rims into salt to coat lightly. In a medium pitcher, combine beer, limeade, and tequila. Fill prepared glasses with ice, then with margarita mixture. Garnish with remaining lime wedges. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment