My guilty pleasure of a Turkey Burger combined with my favorite sweet summer pleasure...... SIGN ME UP! :)
This is from BHG online.
Turkey Burger with Peaches and Blueberries
- 4 small peaches
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 4 thick slices roasted garlic country bread or garlic bread, toasted if desired
- Fresh mint (optional)
1. Finely chop one of the peaches; add ground turkey, salt and pepper. Shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties (if necessary, dampen hands first). Grill directly over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until no pink remains (165°F). Add cheese; cover and cook 1 minute more.
2. Meanwhile coarsely chop remaining peaches; combine in a large skillet with blueberries and 1/4 teaspoon chili powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until heated through and beginning to have juices form.
3. Top each piece of garlic bread** with one patty and some of the peach mixture. Add mint and additional chili powder. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition facts: Calories464 Total Fat (g)25 Saturated Fat (g)10, Monounsaturated Fat (g)6, Polyunsaturated Fat (g)3, Cholesterol (mg)114, Sodium (mg)614, Carbohydrate (g)28, Total Sugar (g)11, Fiber (g)3, Protein (g)31, Vitamin C (DV%)14, Calcium (DV%)23, Iron (DV%)11, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet