Friday, July 13, 2012

Training Plans

What's yours? 



Training for a marathon is very different than training for weight loss or health.

I lost a cup size in my bra training for my last marathon (and my boobs have NEVER shrunk for any reason until now!!), my periods kept getting farther and farther apart, my feet have never looked so rough and don't even get me started on the acne I had due to the heat/friction from my sports bra and my visor. 

Training is fun, but lots of hard work. Lots of preparation and planning. Eating, drinking and sleeping became HUGE aspects of my focus this Spring.... Some might even tell you I was (almost) crazy. Thankfully though, Todd gets it. He's ran his own races before too. He was a MAJOR help making sure I had food, fuel, water (he knew when I got home from work that the first thing I always wanted, was my jumbo Hardee's cup filled to the brim with ice-cold-aqua!) and a plan. He also understood when I fell asleep on his lap/shoulder/arm/leg/etc on the couch every night for several weeks. 

This marathon I know a little more. I know what worked well and what didn't. I know what was hard for me to do and where I struggled. I've got great running partners. I'm adding more speed work and tempo runs in to my weekly plans.... and I've got a new goal:

BOSTON. (for me: 3hours: 35minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment