I love salads.
Especially crunchy, feta-filled ones. :)
I found this one on Women's Health.com and pretty much make it all the time. I switch up the beans and us cannellini beans too.... They're just buttery!! Yum-o! You also can't skimp on the olives. Buy GOOD olives.
You might catch yourself trying to lick the bowl when you're done too.
.... or is that just me?
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large red tomatoes (1 pound), cut into chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups hothouse cucumber chunks
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 4 cups torn mixed dark-hued greens, such as escarole and romaine lettuce, or use all romaine
- 4 ounces feta cheese, chopped